Are you tired of staring at the blinking “0:00” on your Samsung microwave…? There’s no getting away from it, setting the clock on your microwave is an important step to ensure that it functions accurately, and prevents you from going crazy. But a task that should be pretty simple to accomplish can turn out to be confusing.
In this blog post, I will guide you through a few steps required to set the clock on your Samsung microwave, so that you can easily keep track of cooking times and ensure that your appliance is running smoothly.
- How To Set The Clock On A Samsung Microwave
- Check the User Manual For Model Specific Instructions
- Why Does My Microwave Clock Need Setting Again
- FAQs Set Clock On Samsung Microwave
- Solved: Setting Clock On Samsung Microwave
How To Set The Clock On A Samsung Microwave
There are several Samsung microwave models on the market, each with different functions and controls. However, no matter which model you have, at least one of the five methods I am going to share with you will work. Number 1, ‘Setting the clock using the power button is the most common method, and 2 the second most common, and so on. So work through them and you will find an easy-to-follow guide to getting your microwave clock adjusted.
1. Set the Clock Using Clock Button
Here’s a step-by-step guide for setting the clock on your Samsung microwave using the Clock button:
- Press and release the “Clock” button on your microwave’s control panel.
- Then use the number pad to enter the current time in hours and minutes. For example, if it’s currently 3:30 PM, enter “3”, “3”, “0”, and then “PM”.
- Press the “Clock” button again to save your settings and exit out of clock setting mode.
- Check that the correct time is displayed on your microwave’s screen.
That’s all there is to it! Setting your Samsung microwave clock using the clock button should be a straightforward process, only taking you a minute or two to complete.
Tip: Most Samsung microwaves allow you to view the time whilst you’re heating food by simply pressing the ‘Clock‘ button.
2. Set the Clock Using the Options Button
Some microwave ovens feature an Options button that you can use to set the time. This is arguably the quickest method with it taking you less than 30 seconds to complete.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for setting the clock on your Samsung microwave using the Options button:
- Press and release the “Options” button on your microwave’s control panel.
- Now use the arrow keys to scroll through the available options until you see “Clock Set.”
- Press the “OK” or “Start” button to select “Clock Set.”
- Use the number pad to enter the current time in hours and minutes. For example, if it’s currently 3:30 PM, you would enter “3”, “3”, and “0”.
- Use the arrow keys to toggle between AM and PM, then press “OK” or “Start” to save your settings.
- Check that the correct time is displayed on your microwave’s screen
There is a great video uploaded by the official Samsung support account on YouTube that will show you how to set the clock on a Samsung microwave with this method. You can watch it below.
3. Set the Clock Using Arrow Buttons
Here are step-by-step instructions for setting the clock on your Samsung microwave using the Arrow buttons.
- Press and hold the “Clock” or “Timer” button on your microwave’s control panel for 3-5 seconds until the display starts flashing.
- Use the arrow buttons to adjust the hours and minutes until they match the current time. If you overshoot a number, just keep pressing in that direction to cycle around until you get back to it.
- Then use the arrow buttons to toggle between AM and PM.
- Once you have set the correct time, press “Clock” or “Timer” to save your settings and exit out of clock setting mode.
That’s it, your clock should be working fine now.
4. Set the Clock Using the Power Level Button
Not all Samsung microwaves allow you to set the time with the Power Level button, so it makes sense to try one of the above methods first. However, if you have already done that, then here are the steps for the Power Level button method.
- Press and hold the “Power Level” button for 3 seconds until “00” appears flashing on the display.
- Use the number pad to enter the current time in hours and minutes. For example, if it’s currently 3:30 PM, you would enter “1530”.
- Press the “Start” button to save your settings and exit out of clock setting mode.
- Check that the correct time is displayed on your microwave’s screen.
If you’d like to watch a video demonstration of how to set the time with the Power Level button, you can watch the short video below created by Samsung.
5. Set the Clock With the My Settings Button
If your microwave oven features a My Setting button, you can use this method as an alternative option, and again it takes no more than 30 seconds to complete. This method is similar to the process we followed earlier when using the Options button.
- First, you’ll need to press the My Setting button. As soon as you do that, you can press the number 9 on the number keypad.
- Now press the OK button and you’ll be able to enter the time using the digits on the number keypad.
- Once you’re finished entering the correct time, simply press the OK button to save the settings.
Check the User Manual For Model Specific Instructions
If you’re wondering how to set the clock on your Samsung microwave, you can try the five methods listed above. However, not all of them will work on every model. If you’re not sure which method applies to the model you have, you can download this user manual from the official Samsung website. Simply enter your model number and you can find and download the correct manual.
Why Does My Microwave Clock Need Setting Again
Microwave clocks can require re-setting for a variety of reasons. Here are some common reasons why you may need to set your microwave clock again:
- Power Outages: If you experience a power outage or the microwave is unplugged, the clock will reset to 12:00 by default, meaning it will need to be reset manually to the correct time.
- Daylight Saving Time: When daylight saving time starts or ends, most appliances will require you to adjust them manually to the new correct time.
- Battery Replacement: Some microwaves have backup batteries that allow the clock to keep running even if there’s a temporary loss of power. When these batteries run low or when they are replaced, the clock will need to be reset.
- General Maintenance: Over time, the microwave’s clock can suffer from wear and tear due to age or usage. If this happens it’s possible that you may find you need to adjust it periodically to keep the correct time displayed on your microwave.
In summary, there are several reasons why your microwave clock may require re-setting from time to time. By following the manufacturer’s instructions for setting the clock on your specific model of microwave, you can quickly and easily get back on track with accurate cooking times and other features that rely on an accurate clock display.
FAQs Set Clock On Samsung Microwave
Solved: Setting Clock On Samsung Microwave
Today, you learned how to set the clock on the Samsung microwave. As you can see, this is a task that doesn’t require a lot of time or effort. It will take you a few minutes at most to set the clock on your microwave. Before you try one of the methods I wrote about above, make sure you first check which buttons your microwave oven features to know which strategy to use
If you want to find out the way Samsung recommends setting the clock for your specific model, you can download the user manual for the microwave you have on the official Samsung website.
Having renovated two homes and completed countless repairs, it was time to share this experience with the world. From repairing kitchen appliances to remodeling entire homes, my 30 years of experience will hopefully help you on your journey to a beautiful and functional home